Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Lord of the Rings

"The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring", New/#50, 2001

Well, I just got all caught up with all of the drafts I had. And then next step in organization is to cross these off my list. (I love crossing things off to-do lists). And I noticed that I could cross off another movie! After posting about it, of course.

I watched the Lord of the Rings movies a few months ago. For the first time ever. I wasn't really into them when they were coming out. And then, once they were all out, and they all were so long, with tons of extra footage, they were just too intense to watch. But, I had wanted to watch them for a while. So, I decided to just watch parts of them, like an hour, and then stop. So I wouldn't get overwhelmed. I think it took me about a week. Watching a little in the evenings after work, and then finishing up on the weekend.

And, turns out, they're great movies. Shocker, I know. Only the first movie on is on the Top 100 list, but really, you have to watch all three. Legitimately, there's no conclusion until the end of the three movie. Actually, the third book too. Because, fun fact, the Lord of the Rings is just one book, but it was split into three to make printing easier. And because people read for entertainment, and not for an exercise. 

So yeah, it's a lot to take in, but it is a well-assembled story line. The cohesiveness of the fantasy world is great. The epicness of the journey is there. All of it. All good things.

Now I just have to watch all of the Hobbits... Which is also three movies, though that was one, normal sized book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment