Sunday, January 25, 2015

MASH

"MASH" #56/54, 1970

Oh Mash. The movie. 
I am much more familiar with the TV show. This show was on during many dinners at my house growing up. I gave most of the seasons' DVDs to my dad for Christmas. (I should check to see if there are any he still needs... notes for next December...)
So, I was pretty familiar with the characters - Hawkeye, Trapper, Houlihan, Frank Burns, Henry Blake, Father Mulcahy, Radar. It's just that I didn't recognize any of them except Radar. I think he was the only actor in the film that continued on in the TV series. 
There were some well know actors in this, but they were much younger versions of Donald Sutherland, Elliott Gould, Tom Skerritt, Robert Duvall than I am used to seeing. 

This movie is worth watching if you have any love for the TV show. I would guess that if you don't like the show, you wouldn't like this movie.

For me, and my dad who watched it with me, it was entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment