Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Searchers

"The Searchers", #96/#12, 1956
Oh yes, a John Wayne western. Well, it was alright. Maybe the western thing is growing on me? Now that I'm actually the one choosing to watch it. Maybe it was that I hated westerns because I always wanted to be watching something else. Who knows? Well anyways... this movie lapses a few years, and it's all about searching for this little girl who was captured. The characters in it are all very amusing. It's got adventure, love, cowboys and indians, and a happy ending. So, if you like westerns, watch it, but if you're not really a big fan, then it's probably not worth your time. The thing that intruiges me the most about this is the huge jump this movie made. On the orinigal list, it was number 96, and on the anniversary list, it was number 12. How can it jump 84 places like that? I'm not quite sure why it's the movie that rose the most between the two lists, but that must mean it's a good film.

No comments:

Post a Comment