Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rocky

"Rocky", #78/#57, 1976
This movie is another one that is shown on television all the time. Then again, since there are about eight-five sequels, who knows what movie is actually on TV when I flip through it. And, I've never really been interested in this movie, so I've never made a point to watch it. There's probably not a lot to recap, other than to say it is a boxing movie where Rocky is the underdog everyone is rooting for. The one thing that surprised me is I didn't realize there was a love story in the movie. And I'd have to say that the diologue was amazing. Some lines were repeated- not a word for word thing, but like one character repeats the same thing on a couple occasions. It was great since that how people generally act. And of course, the absolute best part was when "Eye of the Tiger" came on.
So, if you haven't seen the movie, you should watch it. It's actually a pretty good movie, and since it's got the boxing thing and the love story, most poeple could find something they enjoy about it. And anyways, "Eye of the Tiger" is a lot better stuck in your head that "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

No comments:

Post a Comment