Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Apartment

"The Apartment", #93/80, 1960
So, I haven't blogged in a while... I haven't watched too many movies off of the list lately because I got very distracted by catching up on television shows. I watched all of Veronica Mars and the entire series of The Office-bringing me up to speed with the current season, and I just have just started watching NCIS. The NCIS episode I finished referenced this movie, which was kind of awesome to hear a vague reference to a movie and know what it was about.
I'm going to give away some things here, but most of it is explained in the first few minutes, and then a lot of it is very predictable, so I don't really feel bad about giving it away. This movie is about Baxter, who works at some company at a low level, and he is trying to move up by helping out the top executives. The way he helps them out is by lending out his apartment to the top executives so they can bring the girls they are having an affair with for a few hours. Which is just weird and gross. Baxter has a crush on this girl in the office who runs the elevator, which really made me smile. Then there are a couple twists that I won't reveal.
Then Baxter gets the job and he cuts off everyone from using the apartment, except for his new boss. And then his new boss wants to take the girl to the apartment. And Baxter quits because he would rather have no job than have a job since it means letting the boss use his apartment with the girl. Then the girl finds out and chooses Baxter. So, happy ending all around.
It was a little difficult to watch the movie, it got kind of long, and I just felt so bad for Baxter for most of the movie. However, if you are going to watch all of NCIS, you should watch this movie first.

No comments:

Post a Comment