Friday, December 30, 2011

The Godfather, Part II

"The Godfather: Part II", #32/32, 1974

This movie posed an interesting problem. I hadn't seen the first Godfather movie, so how could I watch the sequel before the original? But, I couldn't watch the original because it's in the Top 10, and I was saving those for the end. In the end, I decided to watch part one, then watch part two, and I'll re-watch part one as I'm going through the Top 10.
I figured that was the best way to go about it considering I've already seen some of the movies, but am rewatching them in this process.
So... The Godfather: Part II...
This  movie was a really interesting overlap of two stories... current Godfather Michael Corleone going about his mafia business, and a flashback to Vito Corleone's childhood and how he got into the family business back before (and slightly after) Michael was born.

I really enjoyed the overlapping stories. I think it was handeled really well, and I liked the movie as a whole. There was a terrible moment at the end, when Michael could have redeemed and fixed two close relationships, but instead he did not, and he really did the opposite of what I wanted. So, that sucked, but still, a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment